Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Love <3



I know I have been neglecting my blog terribly the past week or so and it's time for some making up! ;) I had a crazy week with many fun Birthday festivities on L.I with my bestest friends! I'm 23 years old now and I'm not gonna lie it's quite scary this whole getting older thing! It feels like just yesterday I was gearing up for my 21st bday hoorah and remember distinctly hearing from many people that the bdays "are all down hill from here!"....yeah great! So hopefully 23 will be filled with many better days then 22 did. 22 was filled with much complication and confusion with life in general. I spent the weekend prior in Manhattan with my sister and her hubby. :) They took me to Brooklyn (yes it was my first time!) and I fell in love. Just like NYC in many ways, perhaps that's why I took so well to the whole BK experience. We ate at a lovely little Italian place right off of Bedford Ave and I couldn't help but people watch the entire time. The street style was amazing and very inspirational. It's crazy to think how far behind Long Island (where I grew up) is in fashion compared to NYC! The Birthday festivities ended in LI with my best friend. I had my first Taco Joe's experience (Yummmy!) as well as Fire Island bar hopping (highly overrated and over priced!!!). So yeah hopefully 23 will be filled with many more great adventures and abrupt decisions on my behalf. :)

Today I hit Target with my Mom and was immediately sucked into the cosmetics area. I've always been a makeup junkie and also loved trying new products since working for Benefit Cosmetics a million years ago (okay maybe it was 3?) at Macys. Over the last year or so my love and excitement for it died down a bit...until recently! After reading and following so many amazing blogs on here I have learned about some really great products and tips from some really awesome ladies! I've stuck to the same products for so long now I haven't actually gone out and tried new things. So after reading many great reviews I pick up the Urban Decay Eye Primer which is like a little magic wand that makes your eye shadow stay put with NO creases!! I've also never been a big lipstick person I always stuck with plain old lip gloss. I recently came to realize after having my makeup done for my sisters wedding that I LOVED the way my lips looked with a bare LINER and a NUDE Lipstick with a little smidge of gloss on top. Since I've always been into playing up my eyes I always prefered a very bare lip. After seeing so many celebs in the mags flaunting rosy cheeks I also scooped up some pretty blushes to try out. I always loved makeup so now I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm just so happy the inspiration came from the amazing blogs I follow here! So thanks ladies!! :) Oh yeah AND since I've been pretty much perfecting giving myself manicures at home I picked up a new Essie nail polish in "Adorable" and yes it is! ;)

Also with summer coming to an end soon :( I just realized I read a ton of books and needed some new ones! Today I got Eat, Pray, Love which I have heard many people ranting and raving about non-stop and I hear the story is pretty inspirational....I'm def. in the mood for a good motivational boost! I also got Crank which is considered a "young adult" book whatever that means...it's supposed to be about a girl with serious addiction issues. So we have hopefully an uplifting spiritual kick and what I'm guessing will be a depressing downward spiral of addiction. Which shall I start first?! <3

2 comments:

Mom Fashion World said...

beautiful make up collections!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I also wanna read eat, pray, love! They're adapting it to a movie to, with Julia Roberts playing the leading lady:)